This manuscript discusses how practitioners can help business owners plan a successful exit from closely held businesses and companies. The content is written by experts in tax minimization, liability concerns and wealth transfer from across North Carolina.
Key topics include:
- Protecting highly appreciated assets and business interests from estate and gift tax
- Strategies for deferring estate tax under Section 6166
- Avoiding liability exposure under the Affordable Care Act
- Navigating ERISA issues during the sale of a business
- Issues to consider with employee benefits and executive compensation in corporate transitions
Click on the "In Depth" tab for author biographies.