Myrtle Beach, SC | Kingston Plantation Embassy Suites
Thursday-Sunday, March 30-April 2, 2017
- Stay here to register for CLE
- Click here to register for the social activities
Click on the "In Depth" tab for CLE tuition, location, hotel and speaker information.
The NCBA Senior Lawyer’s Division Council is excited to announce the theme of the 2017 Spring Meeting is Homecoming!
The meeting is being held at the Embassy Suites in Myrtle Beach, SC—the frequent site of NCBA’s Annual Convention. Many of you will recognize it and will be greatly impressed by the renovations!It is the perfect place to spend time with old and new friends, including Allan Head.
Along with 7.0 hours of CLE credit, there are many fun social events on the schedule including a dinner at the hotel, a dinner at Joe’s Bar & Grill—which comes highly recommended by people who live locally—and a show at the Carolina Opry.
This is a Senior Lawyers Division Meeting you won’t want to miss!
Planned by the NCBA Senior Lawyers Division
|Social Activities and CLE Agenda at a Glance
Thursday, March 30, 2017, 4:00-7:30p
4:00p | Hotel Check-in
5:30 | Complimentary Evening Reception | Gather with your friends and enjoy the hotel's complimentary evening reception until 7:30.
Friday, March 31, 2017, 8:00a-6:30p
8:00a | CLE Registration
9:00-12:00p | CLE Video Replay Medley
12:00 | Lunch (on your own)
1:15 | Senior Lawyers Division Council Meeting
2:30 | Adjourn for the Afternoon
5:30 | Complimentary Evening Reception | Recap your great day at the hotel's complimentary reception before dinner
6:30 | Dinner at the Hotel | Chicken $47, Shrimp $50, Steak $61 (per person) | Click here to register
Friday activities for those not attending the CLE and Tours
The Embassy Suites offers a variety of on site activities. Located right on the beach with a view of the ocean from every guest room, this hotel also has nine pools including an indoor pool. There is a lot of great shopping close by including the Tanger Outlets and the Broadway at the Beach.
Saturday, April 1, 2017, 8:00a-6:30p
8:00a | CLE Registration
9:00-12:00p | CLE Video Replay Medley (Continued from Friday)
12:00 | Senior Lawyers Division Annual Meeting | John Melvin Bowen, Bowen & Batchelor, 2016-17 Division Chair, Presiding
12:15 | Adjourn for the Afternoon
4:30 | Dinner at Joe's Bar and Grill | $32 per person | Click here to register
6:30 | Carolina Opry Show | $36 per person | Click here to register
March 31, 2017
- Your Law Firm May Note Be As Secure As You Think (from The Art of the e-Deal: Harnessing Technology in the Modern Real Estate Law Practice (2015 Real Property Hot Topics), February 2015) | Daniel Gold, Iris Data Services, Charlotte
- Advising Clients in Charitable Planning Options (from 2016 Advanced Estate Planning Survey Course, May 2016) | Daniel K. Hicks, Ingersoll & Hicks PLLC, Winston‐Salem
- Being Better Now† (from ABCs of Criminal Court, February 2015) | Chad Garrett, Garrett, Garrett, Walker & Aycoth, Greensboro
- Second Annual Ten Most Significant (Insurance) Coverage Decisions of the Year (from 2016 Insurance Law Section Annual Meeting, April 2016) | Joshua D. Davey, McGuire Woods LLP, Charlotte
- Battle of the Wills—Caveats Proceedings in North Carolina (from Trusts & Estates: Fiduciary Litigation and Dispute Resolution, February 2015) |Stephen J. Grabenstein, The Van Winkle Law Firm, Asheville
- Common Issues with Historic Preservation (from 2016 Zoning Planning and Land Use Section Annual Meeting, March 2016) | Ramona M. Bartos, North Carolina Department of Natural and Cultural Resources, Raleigh
- Mentoring in Our Evolving Profession* (from The State of Our Profession and Professional Responsibilities, October 2016) | Mark A. Scruggs, Lawyers Mutual Liability Insurance Company of North Carolina, Cary
- Digital Signatures: How to “Ink” the Deal Digitally (from The Art of the e-Deal: Harnessing Technology in the Modern Real Estate Law Practice (2015 Real Property Hot Topics), February 2015) | J. Benjamin Davis, Brooks, Pierce, McLendon, Humphrey & Leonard LLP, Raleigh
Mandatory Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) and Certified Paralegal Education (CPE) (Total): 7.00
Ethics/Professional Responsibility: 1.00
Substance Abuse/Mental Health (SA/MH): 1.00
This seminar is no longer available for purchase.