Learn about developments in patent, trademark and copyright law, including discussions on the interplay between the Patent Trial and Appeal Board, District Courts and the Federal Trade Commission, and on issues facing North Carolina brewers and distillers.
- Read about the Slants case, In re Tam, from the lawyer who successfully argued that the disparagement provision of the Lanham Act violates the freedom of speech clause of the U.S. Constitution
- Gain insights into patent litigation from sitting federal judges
- Receive updates in copyright law and policy from a representative of the U.S. Copyright Office
- Learn practical lessons gleaned from cases in patent law, including prosecution tips for PTAB appeals
- Become familiar with developments in design patent law
- Consider the implications for both trademark and patent practice of the Supreme Court’s decision in B&B Hardware regarding the preclusion effects of administrative agency rulings
Click on the "In Depth" tab for author biographies.