Click on the "In Depth" tab for pricing options and editor biographies.
The reality is that any attorney at any age can be faced with the need to close a law practice with little or no warning, regardless of cause. A comprehensive procedural guide to managing the logistics of closing a law practice, this updated Third Edition of Turning Out the Lights: Planning for Closing Your Law Practice:
- provides an overview of the NC State Bar's 2014 addition of a "retired" category of "Inactive Member";
- discusses the relatively recent concept of law firm marketability;
- offers suggestions for planning a sabbatical or an extended absence;
- includes several updated sample letters that track more closely with the applicable Rule(s) of Professional Liability;
- provides additional references to applicable Rule(s) of Professional Liability;
- expands upon contextual explanation to help the user know when each sample document should be used and what other documents would be useful in the particular situation; and
- references additional resources that the user may find useful for further understanding.
The fully-searchable electronic version is complete with fillable and printable forms, form letters and checklists that you won't want to be without.
September 22, 2016