Pinehurst | Pinehurst Resort
Thursday, February 19, 2015
Networking Reception: 5:00-6:00p
Click on the "In Depth" tab for speaker, tuition and location information.
Join the State’s top business lawyers and international law practitioners at this annual CLE event at Pinehurst Resort.
With 16 sessions, including four breakout sessions, there is something for everyone.
Topics on the agenda for this year’s program include:
- A panel discussion on leveraged private equity acquisitions
- Discussion of lender liability issues from both lender and borrower perspectives
- Overview of the federal JOBS Act and its impact on public and private capital markets
- Exploration of veil-piercing of NC corporations and LLCs
- A business lawyer’s introduction to the current challenges facing the U.S. health care system
- Discussion of ethical responsibilities and challenges facing lawyers who store clients’ confidential data and attorney-client communications in the Cloud
- A panel of judges discuss the world of corporate bylaws after Boilermakers, ATP and City of Providence
- Overview of U.S. export laws under the Export Administration Regulations, ITAR and OFAC Sanctions Programs
- Discussion of considerations for attorneys sitting on nonprofit boards of directors
- Exploration of the legal profession culture and ways to maintain a healthy lifestyle
- And, much more
Planned by the NCBA Business Law Section.
February 19, 2015
- Three-Handed Poker: Counseling the Various Constituencies in Leveraged Private Equity Acquisitions
- George Bailey or Mr. Potter? Current Trends in Lender Liability Claims
- The JOBS Act–Public and Private Capital Raising Reform
- Veil-Piercing and North Carolina Corporations and Limited Liability Companies
- Obama vs. Obamacare: Health Law in a Time of Transformation