Live Cary | North Carolina Bar Center
Tuesday-Wednesday, October 22-23, 2019
As a first-year attorney at PNA, the North Carolina Bar Association welcomes you into the profession.
The North Carolina Bar Association is your home for the best continuing legal education, professional development, and networking.
Tuition is complimentary for NCBA Members who are newly licensed attorneys and required by the NC State Bar to take a PNA program.
The Professionalism for New Attorneys (PNA) program features:
- Breakfast and Networking Lunch provided
- Book Sale to help you build your library of essential resources
- Professional Headshot for your social media pages and firm website bio
- Professionalism Oath issued by Judge Ridgeway
- Year's Worth of CLE credit at no cost to you
- The Power of Association | Newly licensed attorneys get complimentary NCBA membership through June 2021. NCBA membership benefits include membership in one of the NCBA’s 30+ sections and up to 12 hours of quality On Demand CLE from our Expert Series!
Click on the "In Depth" tab for tuition, location, hotel and speaker information.
- TUESDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2019
- 8:25am | Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 8:55 | Welcome and Introductions | Johnson
- 9:00 | Why Professionalism is Important to You | Boone and Fonville
- 10:00 | Overview of North Carolina State Bar | Perry
- 10:30 | Inner Workings of the Law Office | Reach
- 11:15 | Break and Book Sale
- 11:30 | Technology and Your Responsibility to Your Clients | Reach
- 12:30pm | Networking Lunch
- 1:30 | Getting Lost in Our Own Lives | Borsman
- 2:30 | Dealing with the Courts | Griffin
- 3:30 | Break and Book Sale
- 3:45 | What I Didn't Learn in Law School | Arthur, Bogues and Quick
- 4:30 | Adjourn for the Day
- WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2019
- 8:25am | Continental Breakfast
- 8:55 | Welcome and Introductions | Bogues
- 9:00 | The Attorney Client Relationship | Crawford and Scruggs
- 10:00 | Ethics and Grievance Committees | Bartley and Brocker
- 11:00 | Break and Book Sale
- 11:15 | Pro Bono Service in North Carolina | Bart Mullikin and Mansour
- 12:15pm | Networking Lunch
- 1:15 | Trust Accounting Rules | Hodge
- 2:15 | Financial Planning Strategies | Yanke
- 3:15 | Break and Book Sale
- 3:30 | A View from the Bench: Cases and Examples of Professionalism and the Challenges of Being a New Lawyer | Judge McGee and Judge Ridgeway
- 4:25 | Professionalism Insight and Voluntary Oath | Judge Ridgeway
- 4:30 | Program Adjourn
October 22, 2019 8:55 AM Eastern
Mandatory Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) and Certified Paralegal Education (CPE) (Total): 12.00
Ethics/Professional Responsibility: 11.00
Substance Abuse/Mental Health (SA/MH): 1.00
Technology Training: 1.00
This seminar is no longer available for purchase.