This second edition of the best-selling book, The ABCs of Criminal Court, features 26 updated and brand-new criminal law and trial practice topics, enhanced with graphic charts and instructional materials to summarize essential concepts and facilitate thorough comprehension. Practical answers to common criminal and traffic law questions are supplemented with pertinent citations to statutory or other authority for a deeper dive into the subject matter.
Its chronological “A to Z” approach equips every criminal practitioner — whether new, experienced, full-time or part-time — with the knowledge to successfully accomplish the following critical processes:
- Handle the essentials of a jury trial, from preparation, defenses and objections to motions, evidence and voir dire
- Defend probation violations
- Master the application of sentencing, habitual felon laws, sex offender registration rules and collateral consequences
- Navigate DWI, traffic basics and driving privileges
- Apply the new expunction opportunities
Although the “ABCs” of criminal court are greater than just 26 topics, this “pocket guide” — designed to be carried into court — is the only weapon a skilled advocate needs to become an expert, one letter at a time.
Click on the "In Depth" tab for author information and additional details.