Original Program: May 10-11, 2019
This program explores some of this year’s hot topics in environmental law in North Carolina, with a focus on lessons learned and what comes next.
Pulling from the experience of a wide variety of presenters and topics, this program includes:
- A keynote address by NC DEQ Secretary Michael Regan
- Updates on federal and state environmental policy and case law
- Emerging contaminants from a state and federal regulatory perspective
- How nuisance law and property rights are changing with a focus on the recent litigation against Smithfield Foods
- Disaster recovery and resilience in a hurricane-prone state
- A conversation about renewable energy in North Carolina
Planned by the NCBA Environment, Energy & Natural Resources Law Section
Click on the "In Depth" tab for tuition, video replay and speaker information.