Original Program: NCBA You Have Got to Be Crazy to Do This: Working with Mental Health Professionals and Disordered Clients (2018 Family Law Fall CLE), November 30, 2018
This session goes through a direct examination and cross-examination of an expert psychologist.
In addition to the direct and cross examination, objections are made with rulings on said objections.
Some topics illustrated in this session include:
- How expert witnesses are different from lay witnesses
- Trial court’s current "gatekeeper" role
- How to qualify your expert witness
- Reliability of expert testimony
- Basis for expert opinions
Click on the "In Depth" tab for tuition and speaker information.