Monday, October 28, 2019, 1:00-2:00pm
Choice of entity is not a one-time decision. Business entities may choose to change their form of entity for many reasons – the tax laws, new investors may require a different form of entity, or market or regulatory conditions may force a different form of entity. But whenever an entity is converted from one form to another, significant tax liability and corporate or partnership law issues arise.
One important consideration is how to modify the company’s underlying agreements to ensure basic economic arrangements among the owners remain intact.
This program provides a real-world guide to entity conversions among C Corps, S Corps, partnerships and Limited Liability Companies.
- Conversions among C Corps, S Corps, partnerships and LLCs
- Strategies for minimizing tax on conversions
- Business and organizational law considerations when converting an entity
- Drafting issues in restating underlying company agreements
- Practical and tax traps when engaging in an entity conversion
Click on the "In Depth" tab for tuition and speaker information.