Thursday, September 12, 2019, 1:00-2:00pm
Living trusts are often thought of as the easiest solution to transfer assets, particularly real estate, outside of probate.
While they have many advantages, including the of administration, there are still many tradeoffs and potential traps, including tax and financial ramifications that are not always clear to clients.
In addition, there are issues of modification over time and the choosing the right trustee for the trust.
This program provides a practical guide to forming and using living trusts for real estate and other assets in estate planning.
- Counseling clients about the advantages and drawbacks of placing personal real estate in living trusts
- Practical estate administration and probate issues of using living trusts
- Tax and financial ramifications of the transfer
- Potential issues if the house is subject to a mortgage or liens
- Considerations when choosing a trustee
Click on the "In Depth" tab for tuition and speaker information.