Tuesday, June 25, 2019, 1:00-2:00pm
Commercial real estate is in generally robust, with office and industrial space strong and only retail space lagging because of the continuing transition from bricks-and-mortar store fronts to digital commerce.
Negotiating and drafting the sale or exchange of commercial real estate is a complex set of tasks.
Reps and warranties have become more extensive and exacting in detail. Financing contingencies have become lengthy and surpassingly complex because of tighter underwriting standards. Due diligence has become lengthier, more invasive and costlier – or barely permitted at all, in particularly "hot" markets.
This program discusses the major components of commercial real estate buy/sell agreements and negotiating other operative documents.
Part 1 topics include:
- Planning opportunities and challenges for real estate and real estate entrepreneurs
- Planning for lifetime giving of fractional interests in real estate
- Asset protection techniques for real estate assets
- Issues related to restructured real estate assets
- Planning for family properties – QPRTs, SERTs, and LLC techniques
Click on the "In Depth" tab for tuition and speaker information.