Thursday, June 20, 2019, 1:00-2:00pm
Trust and estate planning for real estate and real estate entrepreneurs is full of special challenges. Real estate is illiquid, its value can swing wildly, and it can be difficult to value.
Commercial real estate may be owned in an LLC or subject to complex contractual relationships that make transferring it difficult.
There are also the challenges of transferring a unique family property – a personal residence, or family vacation property, a farm or ranch.
Ensuring liquidity, obtaining tax savings, restructuring and facilitating the transfer of property, and possibly making charitable donations are the interconnected and substantial challenges of planning with real estate.
This program provides a detailed guide to trust and estate planning for real property assets and for real estate entrepreneurs.
Part 2 topics include:
- Unique challenges of planning for liquidity with illiquid assets
- Valuation discount issues and planning in a rising but volatile market
- Value freezing techniques using LLCs
- Grantor Retained Annuity Trust (GRAT), sales to defective grantor trusts, and sales of self-cancelling installment notes
- Charitable giving techniques for real estate
Click on the "In Depth" tab for tuition and speaker information.