Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 1:00-2:00pm
Trust and estate planning for real estate and real estate entrepreneurs is full of special challenges. Real estate is illiquid, its value can swing wildly, and it can be difficult to value.
Commercial real estate may be owned in an LLC or subject to complex contractual relationships that make transferring it difficult.
There are also the challenges of transferring a unique family property – a personal residence, or family vacation property, a farm or ranch.
Ensuring liquidity, obtaining tax savings, restructuring and facilitating the transfer of property, and possibly making charitable donations are the interconnected and substantial challenges of planning with real estate.
This program provides a detailed guide to trust and estate planning for real property assets and for real estate entrepreneurs.
Part 1 topics include:
- Planning opportunities and challenges for real estate and real estate entrepreneurs
- Planning for lifetime giving of fractional interests in real estate
- Asset protection techniques for real estate assets
- Issues related to restructured real estate assets
- Planning for family properties – QPRTs, SERTs, and LLC techniques
Click on the "In Depth" tab for tuition and speaker information.