Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 2:30-3:30pm
This program provides a practical guide to structuring and drafting an effective employment agreement, their major provisions, interrelationships, and traps.
The program covers an employee’s scope of duties, how these may be modified over time, and the relationship of scope to salary, benefits, and incentive compensation.
It also covers establishing objective and measurable performance standards and how these are tied to compensation, potential release of the employee, and related liability issues.
Protecting an employer’s trade secrets and other confidential information should the employee depart is also discussed.
This program provides a practical guide to structuring and framing an effective and enforceable employment agreement for key employees.
Part 2 topics include:
- Length of employment – fixed or variable terms, renewals, and discharge with and without cause
- Anticipating severance and building in dispute mitigation and resolution provisions
- Severance benefits on voluntary and involuntary separation – and tying them to confidentiality and non-competition
- How to minimize employer liability on the discharge of an employee
- Non-disparagement of employer on discharge or voluntary departure
- Essential mediation and choice of law considerations
Click on the "In Depth" tab for tuition and speaker information.