Monday, February 11, 2019, 2:30-3:30pm
This program provides a practical guide to structuring and drafting an effective employment agreement, their major provisions, interrelationships, and traps.
The program covers an employee’s scope of duties, how these may be modified over time, and the relationship of scope to salary, benefits, and incentive compensation.
It also covers establishing objective and measurable performance standards and how these are tied to compensation, potential release of the employee, and related liability issues.
Protecting an employer’s trade secrets and other confidential information should the employee depart is also discussed.
This program provides a practical guide to structuring and framing an effective and enforceable employment agreement for key employees.
Part 1 topics include:
- Framework of essential provisions of employment agreements – and traps to be avoided
- Defining the scope of an employee’s duties and building in flexibility to accommodate changes to scope
- Drafting objective and measurable performance benchmarks and tying to incentive compensation
- Compensation, retirement benefits, and other fringe benefits
- Protecting employer confidential information and trade secrets – non-competition and non-disclosure mechanisms
Click on the "In Depth" tab for tuition and speaker information.