Monday, January 14, 2019, 2:30-3:30pm
In commercial real estate, medical office space is now larger than industrial leasing and nearly as large as retail leasing.
Medical office leasing ranges from primary medical and dental care to ambulatory surgical hospitals, long-term acute care facilities, community clinics, and even health and wellness facilities.
Each of these medical facilities brings special challenges for landlords.
These include the creation and disposal of medical or hazardous waste, the installation of specialized equipment, additional regulatory compliance requirements associated with health care, and patient privacy issues.
Drafting for these issues is unlike conventional retail, office, or industrial leasing.
This program provides a practical guide to special issues in drafting for medical and dental office space.
- Types of medical properties – primary care offices, ambulatory surgical centers, long-term care facilities, health & wellness centers
- Medical service centers in space in space not specifically designed for medical services
- Generation and disposal and medical and hazardous waste
- Accessibility issues and compliance with medical care regulations
- Landlord right of entry/patient privacy issues
- Installation of special medical/dental equipment and waiver of liens
- Special electricity needs and continuity of service
Click on the "In Depth" tab for tuition and speaker information.