Original Program Date: February 22, 2019
Fine-tuning the relationships between the law, attorneys, citizens, government and the Constitution can seem as if it requires that perfect pitch so few of us have. The maestros in the sound booth adjust the volume, tone, rhythm and other elements of music, musicians and instruments as they record.
Similarly, attorneys work to adjust the sometimes-competing elements of the music of our law, government and democracy, leading to harmony or discord.
This program presents a full-day’s concert of sessions dealing with the legal music of our lives.
- A view from the bench regarding Section 1983, government and citizen suits
- Protecting voting rights and empowering citizens in environmentally vulnerable areas
- Data privacy and legal ethics
- Administrative searches and warrants
- Injunctive relief when citizens participate in democracy
- Protecting rights and citizens from debtors prison
Come join us as we turn up the volume on our knowledge of these chords of law.
Planned by the NCBA Constitutional Rights & Responsibilities and Government & Public Sector Sections
Satisfies NC State Bar Technology Training requirement.
Click on the "In Depth" tab for tuition, video replay and speaker information.