Original Program Date: February 15, 2019
This program brings attorneys up to date on today’s and tomorrow’s real property issues likely to impact practitioners in 2019 and beyond in the course of their daily representation of clients.
Come away with valuable information regarding:
- Formation, problems and pitfalls associated with condominiums, including how to identify and resolve problems when closing the sale of a condominium unit
- Practice-relevant legislation enacted in 2018, and anticipated legislation for 2019
- Common land-use and zoning issues that real property lawyers should know and be familiar with in the course of their practice
- Important real-life examples of attorney malpractice from 2018, and what to be on the lookout for in 2019 in terms of ethical issues, attorney errors, staffing errors and fraud
- How to navigate the array of problems that arise with restrictive covenants affecting established communities, including a discussion of search periods, how to find old covenants, common schemes of development, who is entitled to enforce restrictions and attempts to modify restrictions
- Current commercial and residential title issues relevant for the modern real estate practitioner
Planned by the NCBA Real Property Section
Click on the "In Depth" tab for tuition, video replay and speaker information.