Charlotte | Hilton Charlotte Center City
Tuesday-Wednesday, April 10-11, 2018
Tuesday Registration and Optional Segment: 11:30a
Tuesday Program: 1:15-5:30p
Network Reception: 5:30-6:30p
Wednesday Breakfast: 8:00a
Wednesday Program: 8:30a-3:45p
Click on the "In Depth" tab for tuition, location, hotel and speaker information.
The Racing Attorney Conference (TRAC), an annual motorsports legal conference planned and presented by the North Carolina Bar Association Sports & Entertainment Law Section and the Indianapolis Bar Association, returns to Charlotte on April 10 and 11, 2018.
Now in its 11th year, TRAC combines education (including CLE credits), development and networking with legal and business leaders in the motorsports industry.
TRAC is the nationally recognized leader in motorsports legal education.
For the latest updates on TRAC 2018, please visit the TRAC website
Planned by the NCBA Sports & Entertainment Law Section and the Indianapolis Bar Association.
April 10, 2018
- Tuesday 11:30a | Registration and Boxed Lunch
- 12:00p | “Breaking in to the Industry / Motorsports 101” | Magnuson (Optional segment - no MCLE credit)
- 1:00 | Welcome and Introductions
- 1:15 | Start-Up: Forming and Operating a New Race Team | Caldwell and Fulk
- 2:15 | High Risk and High Reward: Fast Times on Track | Moderator: Yarbrough; Panelists: Faye and Lifson
- 3:15 | Break
- 3:30 | Talent Contracts: Parties, Conduct and Restrictions | Anthony, Davis and Kempton
- 4:30 | Current Issues with Event and Venue Agreements | Krahulik and Odom
- 5:30 | Adjourn
- 5:30-6:30 | Networking Reception
- Tuesday 6:45 | Dinner at location to be determined (Cost to be paid by each participant) | Program participants will be notified of the location via email.
- Wednesday 8:00a | Continental Breakfast
- 8:30 | Announcements
- 8:45 | Anticipating Sponsorship Problems: Key Contract Provisions, Payments, Bankruptcy, Etc. | Moderator: Efird; Panelists: Beadle and Ross
- 10:15 | Break
- 10:30 | From Ideas to eSports: How Recent Developments in Sports are Changing Intellectual Property Norms | Moderator: Levy; Panelists: Eberhart and Zirkle
- 12:00p | Lunch with Keynote Speaker
- 1:30 | Transition Break
- 1:35 | Read the Fine Print: Issues with Tax, Accounting and Highly Regulated Industries | Anderson and Brown
- 2:35 | Dealing with the Media: Ethical Issues in Crisis and Success | Huffman
- 3:35 | Closing Remarks
- Wednesday 3:45 | Adjourn