Monday, September 17, 2018, 1:00-2:00pm
This program discusses planning and implementing advanced like-kind exchanges of commercial real estate.
The program discusses the use of trusts, LLCs, and Family Limited Partnerships as exchange platforms, deferred and simultaneous exchanges, and the risks of each, and the risks of using qualified intermediaries.
The program also covers the exchange of highly indebted property, substantial restrictions on transactions among related parties, and alternatives to using like-kind exchanges.
This program providesa a guide to the types, platforms, benefits and risks of advanced like-kind exchanges of commercial real estate.
Part 1 topics include:
- Advanced Section 1031 like-kind exchanges techniques and alternatives
- Exchanges using trusts, single-member LLCs, and Family Limited Partnerships
- Simultaneous exchanges – the problematic use of intermediaries and key drafting traps
- Deferred exchanges – disqualified parties and safe harbors
- Solving the problem of “boot” in a transaction – special allocations, installment sales, cross purchases and redemptions
Click on the "In Depth" tab for tuition and speaker information.